What should I look for in an all-natural deodorant that really works?
If you have decided to make the switch from a conventional deodorant to an all-natural option, you may notice that during the first days, your new all-natural deodorant might not be working quite how you would have hoped. **Keep in mind that you may need to adjust your body care routine to make a smooth transition.**
An all-natural deodorant that really works generally contains four types of ingredients:
- A sweat-absorbent, like baking soda, alum stone, cornstarch, arrowroot, etc.
- A natural antibacterial and/or antiseptic, like coconut oil, and some essential oils like tea tree, rosemary, lemon or geranium.
- A natural fragrance, mostly essential oils.
- Moisturized ingredients, as coconut oil, beeswax, vegetable emulsifier, avocado oil, shea butter among others.
While it is not scientifically proven, most all-natural deodorant users and that have gone through an armpit detox swear that by them and say it makes all the difference. You’ll have to hold off on judging your natural deodorant just a little longer.
The armpit cleanse can help unclog any residual chemicals and bacteria accumulated in your skin. Such a detox is by a) waiting for sweat to unclog those residuals naturally, or b) by using a detox mask and exfoliating your armpit to accelerate the process.
- During the first week, use a bentonite clay mask mixed with apple cider vinegar and water for 10- 15 mins, every other day.
- Then from week 2 to 6 exfoliate the armpits once a week.
- You will notice that you may also sweat more as your body removes toxins and by week 3, you’re most likely to experience a decrease in strong odor and eventually sweat less.
- Since everyone is different, the total detox time can differ, however by week 6 you should experience very little odor and sweat, some people feel comfortable reapplying the natural deodorant throughout the day, it is important to keep an open mind about what you’ll learn from this process, you can discover that your natural scent emerges every day or you maybe not have body odor at all.
Be kind to your self. The longer you use a natural deodorant with antibacterial and anti-fungal ingredients, that prevent odor-causing bacteria from growing the less you tend to sweat and smell.
It is so worth it!
Try these options:
- BeNat Eco-friendly Lavender and Geranium have a no obtrusive scent, it is natural in all the good ways, packed in a biodegradable cardboard tube, and is an effective natural formula with only 7 ingredients like baking soda, cornstarch, coconut, and avocado oil. It also has a different combinations of essential oils like lemon and tea tree or rosemary and tea tree for all the know benefits of those ingredients.
- BeNat also makes a baking soda-free alternative for those who find their skin is sensitive to it.
- For our vegan friends who prefer the smooth sensation of all-natural deodorant in cream we have, lavender & geranium, tea tree & rosemary, and unscented option.
- If you have a kid or teen at home and you think it is time for them to start using deodorant, an all-natural deodorant like BeNat Kids, BeNat Teen girls, or BeNat Teen boys are the best way to introduce them to keep the bad odor-causing bacteria at bay.